Monday, December 6, 2010

Finals are almost here. One semester down.

In a week, I'll be turning a perfectly ordinary Idaho russet potato into julienne, bâtonnet, small dice, medium dice and large dice. Then I'll attack an onion, transforming it into perfect julienne arcs. I might even fine dice another onion.

In another class, I'll turn in the class cookbook and I'm done.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing in Professional Cooking. A final exam? Frying eggs? Making Hollandaise? I'll find out soon enough.

It's also time to register for the next semester. I supposedly had "priority" registration as a returning student, but my priority is two weeks after everyone else's. So, all the lab classes will already be full, and I'll be some number on a waiting list. The good side is, if I can't get into any classes, I'll have more money in my bank account and can take more and longer vacations right through June.

No comments:

Post a Comment