Thursday, January 20, 2011
Grease + Heat = dead oven
Grease. Heat. Electronics. Plastic. These are things that go together like beef liver, chocolate, anchovies and Vegemite. That doesn't stop people from using these things in ovens. So, it looks like every eight years or so, our oven will no longer accept input. The keypad is plastic, brilliantly located right above the oven's exhaust vent where it can enjoy maximum exposure to everything that will shorten its lifespan.
So, sometime next week, a repair person will arrive with a shiny new touch pad and hopefully all will be well again. At least for another eight years. Unless we don't use the oven. Ever. Not even for proofing bread. Maybe for storing dishes... no heat.